Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sun 2/13

Rest day

I just got done reading Gary Taube's new book, Why We Get Fat and I would highly recommend it. It is a much easier read than his earlier book Good Calories Bad Calories which was too lengthy and technical. His new book has a lot of the same stuff in it, but is just way easier and more enjoyable to read. I feel like I am much more knowledgable about nutrition now that I have read Taube's new book and Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution.

It's been a little more than a month now (33 days) that I have been eating a fairly low-carb diet, I'd say about 85% strict paleo and I'm feeling great. I haven't had too many cravings for sweet things, and my energy levels have been consistent throughout the day. I feel like I am eating less frequently and I'm probably eating fewer calories than before even though I'm not really trying to do that. I have to say that I really am enjoying the diet, I really don't mind eating a steak almost every day. There's this great place up here in Tampa called Renzo's that sells Argentine style flank and skirt steak with chimichurri sauce that is freaking amazing. I could pretty much eat there everyday. At any rate, I'm still making progress with the weight loss. I'm at 192lbs as of this morning and so I'm down a total of 8lbs in only 33 days, and I really can't complain about the results that come from eating paleo.

Coffee
4 eggs
Omelette with feta cheese, gyro meat, and tomatoes
Apple
Lamb with au ju sauce
Grapefruit

No comments:

Post a Comment