Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday 2/4

Day 21 of Living the Paleo Lifestyle

When I originally set my goal for weight loss at the beginning of the paleo challenge, it was 6lbs. for the first month. After the first week, it looked like that goal was going to be too easy to meet so I revised it to 10lbs. As of this morning, I'm down 7.6lbs and well in range of hitting the revised goal. The important thing is that I am confident that none of this weight loss has been muscle loss. In fact, if anything I may have increased muscle from the Crossfit wods and from eating higher quality foods like grassfed beef jerky. I've been getting plenty of protein and fat, and keeping the portions reasonable but not restricting calories. I basically just eat until I am full and satisfied. It turns out when you are eating things like steak, salmon, vegetables, etc. it's really damn hard to overeat like you could if you were eating junk food like pizza. I guess the bottom line is that while looking at the numbers on the scale go down is great, I am more focused on making eating about an 85% strict paleo diet into a habit and a lifestyle. If I can do that, the body fat will melt away and I will continue to get more lean until I reach an ideal body weight.

Crossfit WOD:

1/4 mile run carrying a 20lb. medicine ball

24-22-20-18-16
KB Push Press @20kg
Jumping K2E

1/2 mile run carrying 20lb. medicine ball

Time of 29:10

Coffee
Grapefruit
3 eggs
Salmon
Broccoli with olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt
Almonds
Mixed berries
Chicken trio from Carrabbas (cheat)
Vegetable medly


2 comments: